Sunday, October 28, 2007

achy, achy stomache

In my dream last night I spent all of my time in a yoga studio at Baseline and Broadway watching people do yoga. I didn't do any yoga, I just stood in the middle of the room and the instructor would point out to me her students that were really, really good at the poses. The yoga wasn't really yoga though, it was more like interpretive dancing.

At one point Sam came rushing into the yoga studio and was all upset because she had gone to the grocery store and couldn't find a cart to take her groceries out to her car. Jenny was there and was afraid that she had paid for her groceries and left them all at the store and she started to get mad at Sam. But Sam had gone to campus to get a cart she'd been using earlier that day and took it back to the grocery store.

After this happened I started thinking about how terrible my life was. In my dream I was in a relationship with this guy who was 20 years older than me and not very good for me and I wasn't doing a single thing with my life. I kept thinking about how I never ever felt happy and probably would never be happy again. I tried to think about all the wonderful memories I had from being a child, but I couldn't bear to. My stomach tightened up and I felt sick because I knew that I'd never again be as happy as I was when I was little. And I knew that eventually my happy memories would fade and I'd have nothing happy to think about. I was so completely overcome by sadness and hopelessness and worrying that my stomach ache became painful enough to wake me up. I woke up and my stomache really was aching from worry, but I immediately realized that I didn't have to worry about any of those things from my dream. This brought an enormous sense of relief.

No comments: