Tuesday, October 30, 2007

horderves

This afternoon I dreamt that I was on a bus with Conor and some other people on our way to an ethnic restaurant in South Boulder. On our way there I told Conor that every time I took the bus to this part of town the driver took a different route, which I found very exciting. We seemed to be riding the same bus in the same part of town that I had dreamed of once before. Once we got to the restaurant we went outside in the sun on their patio since it was summertime. We ordered a platter of these horderves that were like little artichoke hearts underneath a thick skin like on an avocado. There seemed to be a great deal of tradition behind the way you were supposed to eat them. Each time I ate one I had to peel off the skin and then scrape off the fuzz around the stuff in the middle. If it was cold out you were supposed to dip them in a sauce, but we didn't since it was so hot out. I just kept eating these things for hours and I was with all these other people but I didn't talk to any of them because I was so focused on the process of peeling each little "artichoke heart." They were all I could think about. I hardly knew the people I was with, but I felt this enormous closeness to everyone there since we were all eating these special little horderves together.

In the other bit of my dream I found a website that Noel had made for himself and added it to the list of websites on my facebook profile since I thought it was really neat. Immediately after I did this I realized that I hardly even knew Noel and he would think I was totally creepy, so I took it off my profile.

No comments: